Our Belmont, MA office is looking for an Environmental Graphic Designer to add to our team of partners, principals, design directors, and graphic designers in developing our branding, placemaking, wayfinding and digital experience projects for academic campuses, healthcare facilities, mixed-use developments, entertainment districts, corporate offices, and municipal improvement projects. Our office follows a hybrid schedule, working 2 days/week in our Belmont office. Our in-office time is used to promote office culture as well as formal and informal collaboration.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a point of contact on projects for clients and vendors
- Prepare documentation and management of wayfinding, signage and environmental graphic projects
- Generation of design intent documents, message schedules, sign programming, and sign location plans
- Supervising fabrication and installation
- Project management and administration
- Project travel for meeting, presentations, and site visits
- Prepare punchlists at project completion
- Coordination of vendor & subcontractors
- Construction Administration
- Contract administration
- Production management
- Detailed drawings
- Other various tasks
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in design or architecture industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self direction and time management skills
- Access and use database (Airtable or other database experience)
- Required college degree (BA minimum)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Trimble SketchUp and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Sign Agent is a plus, but not required
- Understanding of budget management
- Ability to read architectural construction documents and shop drawings
- CAD and 3D experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge about products, production methods, fabrication and installation
- Must be local to the Boston area and able to drive to site visits
Salary & Benefits
- Hybrid work position.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- 401k, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 12 paid vacation days and 10 paid holidays.
- Dedication to a healthy work/life balance.