Selbert Perkins Design (SPD) has an immediate opening for a Senior Environmental Graphic Designer. You will be working with a team of Partners, Principals, Design Directors, CADD Managers, and Graphic Designers to develop projects for transportation wayfinding.
- 3-5 years of professional experience with planning, documenting and management of environmental graphic, branded environment and wayfinding projects
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Knowledge in SketchUp, Revit, CAD tools and other 3D modeling programs
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be involved in all phases of the design process including concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Concept Development – image research, sketching, modeling, etc.
- Design Detailing – advanced 2D elevations, plans, sections, fabrication intent, material spec’s, basic 3D modeling
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Attend and conduct client presentations
- Work with team to give art direction
- Research and analysis
- Preparation of digital files, including plans, models, templates and technical drawings
- Work alongside design directors and principals to ensure the design team executes the vision
- Travel for meetings, presentations, and site-walks when necessary
- Assist with project management in the absence of a project/design director or when appropriate
- Assist with production management including writing specifications, soliciting vendor bids, coordinating schedules, and proofing where appropriate
- Design administration, including filing, maintenance of job books, preparation of storage files, and taking meeting notes where appropriate
- Assist with management of other team members or support staff
- Supporting new business functions as required, including assistance with research, proposals, and presentations
- Assessing and passing new business development opportunities with existing clients onto the marketing team
- Assisting in developing and responding to proposals and ASRs when needed
- Verbal and written communication with the client and representatives
- Information research, and graphic-related tasks on behalf of the client.
- Responding to client communications promptly
- Serving as client contact when necessary
Salary & Benefits
- Fully remote work-from-home through 2021
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 401k, medical, dental, and vision as well as generous PTO and paid holidays
- Dedication to a healthy work/life balance
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts;
- Send emails from free, insecure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which the company would later reimburse you
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or social security number, during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: