Our Boston office is looking for a Production Designer to add to our team of partners, principals, design directors, and graphic designers in developing our branding, placemaking, wayfinding, and digital experience projects for academic campuses, healthcare facilities, mixed-use developments, entertainment districts, corporate offices, and municipal improvement projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the design or architecture industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Required college degree (BA minimum)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to read architectural construction documents and shop drawings
- CAD and 3D experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge about products, production methods, fabrication, and installation
- Must be local to the Boston area and able to drive to site visits
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare documentation of wayfinding, signage, and environmental graphic projects
- Coordination with SPD BIM/CAD teams
- Preparation of design intent documents, message schedules, sign programming, and sign location plans
- Supervising fabrication and installation
- Project management and administration
- Project travel for a meeting, presentations, and site visits
- Prepare punch lists at project completion
- Coordination of vendor & subcontractors
- Production management
- Detailed drawings
- Other various tasks
We offer health, dental, LTD/Life insurance, 401K, and time-off benefits for full-time employees.
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts;
- Send emails from free, insecure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which you would later be reimbursed by the company
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or social security number during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: