Our Chicago office is looking to hire an Environmental Graphics Designer with 2 – 3 years experience. This position offers an exciting opportunity to integrate graphic communication, branding, signage and wayfinding in fresh and creative ways for high–profile projects.
- Understand the basics of structural engineering, project delivery and construction methods
- Knowledge of building materials, construction techniques, and general building standards
- Ability to produce graphic presentations
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3-D rendering programs, and construction drawings is preferred, but not required
- Organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
The candidate will be involved in all phases of the design process including concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Design (environmental graphics, print design and web design)
- Concept and design development and implementation
- Client Presentations
- Prepare presentation materials
- Research and analysis
- Preparation of computer files including templates and mechanicals if required
- Coordinate with design director and other team members during design process
- Travel for meetings, presentations, and site visits throughout the duration of a project
- Production management, including writing specifications, soliciting vendor bids, and proofing where appropriate
- Assist with design administration, including files, and taking meeting notes
- Verbal and written communications, information research, and tasks on behalf of the client as deemed appropriate by the design directors and project managers
- Direct client contacts were deemed appropriate by design directors and project managers
- Support new business functions as required, including assistance with research, proposals and presentations
- Assess and pass along new business development opportunities with existing clients to the marketing team
Chicago area residents only need apply. No relocation fees.
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts
- Send emails from free, insecure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which you would later be reimbursed by the company
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or social security number during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for open positions.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: