The Boston Office has an opportunity for a Senior Environmental Graphics Designer. You will be working with a team of principals, design directors, CADD managers and graphic designers developing projects for transportation wayfinding, healthcare signage, hospitality, retail and international branded environments.
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or other related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience with planning, documenting and management of environmental graphic, branded environment and wayfinding projects
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects in a fast-pace working environment
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and CAD tools)
- Some knowledge in SketchUp, Revit or other 3D modeling program
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
The candidate will be involved in all phases of the design process including concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Design and concept development and implementation
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Client Presentations
- Art direction where appropriate
- Research and analysis
- Preparation of computer files including templates and mechanicals if required
- Coordinate with design director and other team members during design process
- Assist with project management in the absence of project/design director or when appropriate
- Assist with production management including writing specifications, soliciting vendor bids, coordinating schedules and proofing where appropriate
- Design administration including filing, maintenance of job books, preparation of storage files and taking meeting notes where appropriate
- Assist with coordination/supervision of other team members or support staff
- Verbal and written communications, information research and tasks on behalf of the client as deemed appropriate by the design/project director
- Serving as client contact where deemed appropriate by design/project director
- Supporting new business functions as required including assistance with research, proposals and presentations
- Assessing and passing new business development opportunities with existing clients onto the marketing team
Boston area residents only need apply. No relocation fees.
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts
- Send emails from free, insecure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which you would later be reimbursed by the company
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or social security number during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for open positions.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: