The Chicago Office has an opportunity for a Design Director. You will be working with a team of principals, design directors, CADD managers and graphic designers developing projects for transportation wayfinding, healthcare signage, hospitality, retail and international branded environments.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Environmental Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or other related field
- Professional experience in leading various project teams
- Experience with planning, documenting and management of branding, environmental graphics, branded environments and wayfinding projects
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment
- Operate effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- Understanding of budgetary constraints
- Excellent design sense with the ability to provide clear, critical design review and direction to project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
The candidate will be involved in all phases of the design process including concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Developing and overseeing implementation of concept and design direction
- Direct design team in project development
- Supervising preparation of presentation materials
- Client presentations
- Comprehensive understanding of environmental graphic design at all phases of work (Concept/Analysis through Construction Administration)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up or other modeling programs & Cad/Revit to support design & documentation process
- Managing project budgets, including fee development
- Determining and clarifying team members’ responsibilities, goals, deadlines and expected performance
- Assessing and communicating team members’ performance throughout project
- Creating and maintaining overall schedule, and keeping team members (including client and vendors) apprised of changes
- Assessing and communicating project/team needs to Partner/Principal on a weekly basis
- Attending weekly production meetings with Staff
- Compiling, reviewing and approving meeting notes
- Coordinating with clients and business office on additional services needs
Chicago area residents only need apply. No relocation fees.
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts
- Send emails from free, insecure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which you would later be reimbursed by the company
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or social security number during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for open positions.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: