Our Chicago office has an immediate opening for a Revit/CAD Designer. You will be working with a team of principals, partners, design directors, CADD managers and graphic designers developing projects for transportation wayfinding, healthcare signage, hospitality, retail and international branded environments.
- Basic/intermediate skills in using REVIT, AutoCAD, and SketchUp additional experience is welcomed.
- Degree in architecture or certificate diploma in AutoCAD/ Revit is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, 3-D rendering programs, related to construction drawings is preferred, but not required.
- Basic skills in using Excel.
- Understand the basics of architectural drawings, project delivery, and documentation and submission are preferred.
- General knowledge of building materials, construction techniques, building standards, and ADA codes.
- Organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Develop and document signage location plans for all project types including but not limited to large scale transportation, stadiums/arenas, civic, districts, hospitality, corporate3 education, healthcare clients, etc.
- Develop 3D models of sign structures using REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- Create Revit signage family and message schedule.
- Attend coordination calls and meetings
- Manage project model with architects, consultants and coordinate BIM standards accordingly.
- Support the design team during the construction administration phase with submission.
- Support designers and consultants to provide background and views for design usage.
- Travel for meetings, presentations, and site visits throughout the duration of a project
- Attend coordination calls and meetings as necessary.
The candidate will be involved in all phases of the design process including concept, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
Selbert Perkins Design will never:
- Conduct interviews through Google Hangouts
- Send emails from free, non-secure accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail
- Ask for money
- Request that you purchase equipment for which you would later be reimbursed by the company
- Require you to provide personal information, such as your driver’s license or Social Security number during an interview (this happens later during the background check process).
Selbert Perkins Design is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
For confidential consideration for any of the open positions, send resume, salary history, and references via the following form: